It is GPT’s policy to not make political donations. We are members of industry associations, programs and initiatives that progress topics in support of long-term value creation for our stakeholders and communities in which we operate. Topics we were major supports of within these associations over the last 3 years included:
- Our national sponsorship of the Property Council of Australia’s 500 Women in Property program, designed to champion women in the property industry and provide networking and professional development opportunities
- Our support of the LGBTQ+ community and co-sponsorship of the Property Council of Australia’s inaugural NSW “Pride in Property” luncheon, helping us foster inclusion, respect and equity in our workplaces and across Australia
- Our support of the Green Building Council of Australia's events and initiatives to drive sustainable transformation of the built environment, as well as their building certification to recognise the delivery of high-quality, sustainable buildings with the Green Star rating tool
- Our support of a climate positive roadmap and initiatives to enable a carbon positive future as a Carbon Positive Partner with the Green Building Council of Australia, and
- Our support of the Property Council of Australia’s Modern Slavery Supplier Assessment Platform enables an industry-wide approach, streamlining compliance requirements and enabling consistent reporting in how we assess and report on modern slavery risks across our supply chains.
Our key memberships, major partnerships and commitments, as well as our spend on organisations that influence policy, is outlined in the tables below.
In 2022, over 80% of GPT’s spend on organisations that influence policy were on membership and support of the three peak bodies for our sector, including approximately $280,000 with the Property Council of Australia, approximately $100,000 with the Green Building Council of Australia and approximately $66,000 with the Shopping Centre Council of Australia.
|Spend on organisations that influence policy|
|Spend on industry association topics||2022|
|Property Council of Australia - Gender diversity initiatives||$34,000|
|Green Buildings Council of Australia Nature Positive Partnership||$75,000|