We work hard as a unified team, with individuals taking personal accountability for their actions striving to achieve exceptional outcomes. GPT's employees are proud of the role they play in delivering sustainable outcomes for investors, customers, communities and the environment. Our achievement culture and flexible working approach are key reasons why many people have chosen a career with the Group. GPT’s people are inclusive, professionally respected and respectful of each other.
At GPT we are committed to supporting the career development of our employees through continuous learning. Our approach to learning and development provides opportunities for our people to feel challenged and inspired, with new skills development and experiences that support individuals to achieve their career goals. Through our partnerships with leading universities and learning organisations, employees have access to a range of on-the-job, in person, hybrid and online training and education programs designed to meet technical, professional and leadership development needs.
Learning & Development Initiatives
We offer our people a range of learning and development options designed to enhance their capabilities and support career progression. Some highlights include:
- In person learning programs – tailored workshops that aim to meet a variety of learning needs. Together with GPT’s learning team, programs are delivered by industry leading partner organisations who have a strong working knowledge of GPT's business and culture.
- Leading GPT Program – our people manager development program aimed at building manager capabilities and confidence.
- Talent development – targeted development opportunities designed to accelerate the learning of our high potential and high performing employees, supporting their future success. External study support – financial and study leave support for professional qualifications and post graduate or equivalent tertiary courses.
- Mentoring and coaching – Support from mentors and subject matter experts across the business and property industry.
- On-the-job learning opportunities – building skills, increasing confidence and competence is part of daily life at GPT with opportunities available to work with exceptional professionals and receive regular coaching and feedback.
- E-learning – our online learning platform contains hundreds of courses available on demand.
In addition, GPT’s development planning process puts individuals at the centre of their own learning and is designed to facilitate ongoing career conversations between employees and managers throughout the year. These conversations help employees map out their career path and achieve their goals.
In addition to their base salary, we offer eligible employees the opportunity to participate in employee security plans, short-term incentive and/or long-term incentive schemes.
GPT is committed to making flexible working a reality for our people.
We understand that the traditional 9 – 5 working day, 48 weeks a year with four weeks annual leave’ working model may not always meet the needs of our people or our business. Accordingly, we encourage our people work with their managers to design their work arrangements in a flexible way which better integrates their work and home lives, and stage of life.
We offer a range of leave to support our employees through different eventualities, including cultural leave and wellbeing days. We also offer employees the opportunity to purchase up to 2 weeks of additional leave per annum. We believe this approach leads to greater productivity, wellbeing and job satisfaction, while ensuring we can attract and retain a diverse, talented workforce now and into the future.
GPT has excellent support in place for those with family and caring responsibilities, or those looking to grow their family. Some of the key aspects of our Parental Support Policy include:
- Paid parental leave of 22 weeks
- Recognition of the importance of shared care with paid leave provisions available to all new parents irrespective of gender, gender identity or sexual orientation
- Flexibility on how and when the paid parental leave is taken
- Inclusion of additional support provisions for adoption, surrogacy, foster/kinship care, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss
- Continuation of compulsory superannuation guarantee contributions while on unpaid leave
- Contribution to childcare costs to assist with the affordability of childcare, and
- Parental leave coaching to support our people through the transition out of and back into the workforce.
GPT also recognises that caring takes different forms and is not limited to parenting. Many people will become carers in the course of their lives for loved ones who require extra support due to chronic illness, addiction, injury or age. We offer flexibility and support for those in a range of caring circumstances.
GPT supports our people to achieve their career goals through the development of new skills and capabilities. GPT’s Education Assistance Program is designed to support study for formal qualifications relevant to an employee’s career path through the provision of financial and other support. This includes up to five days per year of study leave to attend exams and complete assignments. GPT’s employees may also choose to apply for a career break (or sabbatical) for more intensive study or to achieve other personal goals, accompanied by a guarantee of employment at the end.
GPT seeks to provide flexibility and freedom of choice to employees where possible in terms of the delivery of their base package, also known as Total Package Value (TPV). This includes offering an extensive range of tax effective salary sacrifice options allowing employees to package items such as superannuation, additional leave, car parking, novated car leases, computers and tablets, and self-education expenses.
GPT partners with market-leading providers to offer our employees and their families discounts across a vast range of products and services, including entertainment, shopping, health and lifestyle, travel, vehicles and household expenses.
There are times when we all face challenges which can affect health, wellbeing and work. At GPT we’re committed to providing our employees with a supportive environment for all aspects of their health and wellbeing - that's why we offer a free, confidential counselling service in times of need, for our employees and their immediate families.
At GPT we value our employees and the contribution they make to the success of our business. We recognise, celebrate and thank long-standing employees who have reached service milestones of 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years with us.
Members of the GPT Group Superannuation Plan are entitled to receive both life and total permanent disability (TPD) insurance paid for by GPT. They can also access discounted salary continuance insurance (SCI) as a benefit funded from their superannuation accounts.
Permanent and Fixed Term Contract staff are also able access our discounted Health Insurance Scheme.