The complaints handling process for GPT consists of two streams:
- Complaints received by Link Market Services Limited;
- Complaints received by GPT.
The process for handling complaints received by one of the methods above is outline in more detail below.
Information on the complaints handling process relating to the GPT Wholesale Funds can be found here.
Complaints received by Link Market Services Limited
GPT uses Link Market Services Limited ("Link") as its Registry. Link also acts as GPT's Securityholder Service Centre.
For enquiries or complaints, other than those relating to privacy, please contact Link using the details below:
Phone: 1800 025 095
Fax: 02 9287 0303
Postal address: GPT Security Registrar, Locked Bag A14, Sydney South NSW 1235
Street address: Level 12, 680 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
Complaints received by GPT
Complaints received by GPT can be via telephone, fax, email or letter. These complaints may, in the first instance, be referred by Link.
The complaints handling procedure below covers complaints received by GPT. The primary responsibility for attending to investor correspondence is with the Head of Investor Relations.
On receipt, complaints are logged in the Investor log. A category for each complaint is also recorded.
Complaints are then actioned on the following basis:
- Category 1 (simple complaints): These complaints are relatively simple to resolve and should be responded to within three (3) business days.
- Category 2 (medium complaints): Requires further research. Complaints are to be responded to within one week - often these complaints require information from Link, or from a party outside the Investor Relations department.
- Category 3 (complex complaints): These complaints are more complicated to resolve. Within two days, an interim letter is sent advising that the complaint requires detailed research/investigation and providing a timeframe within which a response will be provided. The response is then formulated and forwarded within the timeframe advised.
Wherever possible, phone queries and personal visits are resolved immediately.
When a response is sent the details are recorded in the Investor log. The correspondence and copy of the response (and any related research, etc.) is also retained.
Ongoing monitoring of the service standards and complaints is also undertaken.
Ongoing review of complaints is used to identify and improve both processes and procedures (GPT or Link) and the content of communication to investors. For example, when it was identified that investors frequently requested the value of their holding, this information was included in each quarterly Distribution Advice.
External Complaints Handling Service
GPT is also a member of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA), a registered external complaints resolution service.
Should a securityholder not be satisfied with the resolution of a complaint after the internal complaints handling procedure has been completed then the securityholder may make an application to the AFCA for resolution of the complaint in accordance with the rules of the service.
GPT's Securityholder Service Centre can be contacted on Freecall 1800 025 095
Link Market Services Limited
680 George Street
SYDNEY NSW 2000
GPT Security Registrar
Locked Bag A14
SYDNEY SOUTH NSW 1235
GPT RE Limited
ACN 107 426 504