We deliver strategic and innovative supply solutions and provide guidance to our stakeholders which brings ongoing value, efficiency and compliance to GPT's procurement activities.
GPTs supplier policy can be found here.
Our Strategic Priorities
GPTs vision of supporting our suppliers, customers and the communities we serve is enhanced by focusing on the following priorities:
Effective Procurement Solutions
To attract and retain professional and capable people to deliver efficient procurement services.
Customer centric procurement support
To provide a customer-centric focus, listening and adapting to the GPT’s service delivery needs while maintaining policy compliance.
Value, innovation & social responsibility in contracts
To provide the best value supply solutions that deliver savings, bring innovation to GPT services and support the Community.
Strong & transparent governance framework
To establish a clear governance framework that provides direction and oversight to the GPT’s procurement activities and performance.
Category management framework
To provide a category management framework that supports business alignment, decision making and procurement objectives.
Dynamic procurement technology solutions
To specify technology solutions that simplify procurement activity, support compliance and reduce red tape.
GPT operates within an environment of business values highlighted below, to ensure ethical business practice and appropriate commercial outcomes.
- Managing the integrity of process according to procurement policy
- Acting impartially and fairly
- Being accountable for all our decisions and actions.
- Daring to think differently to seek new and better ways of doing things
- Overcoming obstacles creatively to achieve our customer’s objectives and optimise value.
- Conducting all activities openly with clear audit trails
- Documenting all tasks and discussions
- Making available all information for collaboration and collective decision making.
- Being ready to vary the objective, process or procedures (within probity) to achieve;
- Maximise customer / stakeholder outcomes.
- Optimise local decision making solutions.
- Providing equal benefit and service across the GPT regardless of size or location
- Ensuring the supply market has equal access to the GPT's business.
- Dealing with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders respectfully, courteously, honestly, punctually and responsibly
- Applying research, analysis, experience, expertise and procurement leadership
- Delivering work outputs that are accurate, timely and presentable
- Taking accountability for our work and our decisions
- Adding value to the outcome for every activity we undertake.
Supplier Code of Conduct (SCOC)
The SCOC outlines GPT’s fundamental expectations of its suppliers regarding their activities in the production and delivery of goods and services supplied directly to GPT. The SCOC supports GPT’s values, purpose and strategy, as well as internationally recognised standards and appropriate codes of practice.
By accepting and abiding by this SCOC, suppliers affirm that they are committed to working with GPT and are aligned to its values, purpose and strategy.
The SCOC covers GPT’s expectations from its suppliers with regard to the Suppliers People, Environment, Community, Corporate Governance and Supply Chain.
Australian Supplier Payment Code
GPT has voluntarily adopted the Australian Supplier Payment Code issued by the Business Council of Australia. This code aims to encourage payments to small businesses to be made in a timely manner to ensure they remain viable and maintain healthy cashflows and working capital.
We are committed to paying our small suppliers within 30 days calendar days after the receipt of a valid invoice. All suppliers are sent a supplier registration form including invoice requirements.
Over the last 2 years, on average, small suppliers (those who supply less than $250,000 worth of goods and services to GPT) were paid as per the following table.
Small Business Paid on Time:
Annual Result on Average
1 January 2017 to 31 December 2017
1 January 2018 to 31 December 2018
We constantly monitor our paid-on time statistic and improve on this on an ongoing basis. We do ask to receive all invoices within 7 days of the issue date of the invoice.